Maybe you are lucky and have extra money to buy a gym membership. But you don’t have to! Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stay in shape without spending a fortune on gym equipment.
Here are 10 ways to transform your home into a gym without buying any equipment.
1. Use everyday items as weights. If you don’t have any weights, you can get creative and use everyday items like canned food, bottles of water, books, gallon of milk, and other heavy objects as makeshift weights. Just make sure to be careful when lifting. Rocks for triceps extensions or bicep curls. Quick Video For Ideas.
2. Use your furniture. Your furniture can be used to perform various exercises. Use your couch for tricep dips, your bed for decline push-ups, and your chair / Couch / front or back deck for step-ups.
3. Stairs are a great way to add intensity to your workouts and get your heartrate going. For great cardio, just start with ten minutes – 45 depending where you are now, and just walk, jog, or run up and down. (Why pay for the gym fake stairs when you have real ones for free?). Even just two steps leading to your step front door 100 times over will crank your heartrate and get your metabolism going!
4. Do bodyweight exercises. Bodyweight exercises don’t require any equipment and can be done anywhere, anytime. Push-ups, squats, lunges, burpees, planks (straight arm or on your elbows) bridge for glutes, hamstrings, and quads (Say Hello to nice legs and butt!). Quick Video For Ideas.
5. Use resistance bands. Resistance bands are an inexpensive and versatile way to add creativity to your workouts. You can use them for various body parts, from shoulder presses, back exercises like rows, bicep curls and triceps extensions. Essentially making your door (which secures the bands) and your own bod, into the most important piece of “Gym Equipment” you will need Quick Video For Ideas
6. Make use of your walls. You can use your walls to do exercises such as wall sits, wall push-ups, and wall planks. Also, this is a great place to try various stretches and great for your back. Lie with your butt to the wall, legs up the wall. This will straighten your vertabrea and you can adjust your legs to various positions to stretch different muscles in your legs. Here is a quick video about using the wall to work your abs!
7. Use a jump rope. Jumping rope is a great way to get your heart rate up. If you don’t have a jump rope, you can substitute it with a towel, cut to thin strips, tie them together, then wet the bottom portion to help overcome gravity. Of course a piece of rope w will work just fine as well
8. Utilize your floor. You can do a variety of exercises on the floor, such as planks, crunches, and mountain climbers.
9. Do yoga. Yoga is a great way to improve flexibility and relaxation and support your strength training as well. You can easily do yoga at home with the help of an online tutorial or video. Quick Video For Ideas
10. Have fun with HIIT. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is a great way to get an intense workout in a short amount of time. You can do HIIT with just your bodyweight or with resistance bands.
By using the items you already have at home and getting creative, you can easily transform your home into a gym without buying any equipment. Remember to stay safe while working out and have fun! You can play your music, not worry about others seeing you. Then, take the extra money you will save and put it towards your house payment, or into your trading account. Make your money work for you, while you work-out and save money 😉