Yes, you read that right.
Laugh all you want but selling your sperm to sperm banks can actually be a great side gig for guys to get some more money coming in (no pun intended).
The amount of money you’ll make a month varies based on the donation center, location, your age and health. However, you can earn $1000 to $1500+ if you’re in good health and meet the requirements.
Why Donate Sperm?
Come on guys, it’s not work if you’re doing what you love, right?
Sure it may not be as easy as selling feet pictures on the internet, but this is one of our best side hustles using our body for humanitarianism, profit or fun.
Check out this list of some reasons why you should become a sperm donor:
- Help someone have the family they always wanted.
- Donors help women who want to give birth to babies as single parents become mothers.
- Members of the LGBT community who cannot naturally conceive benefit for surrogacy or conception.
- Couples may want a child but the man’s sperm is not healthy or fertile enough.
- Make around $1500 or more every month.
- If you’re committed to the gig, that’s more than $18,000 a year!
- It’s 100% legal and has over 11,000,000 members.
Who Can Donate Sperm?
Of course, each sperm center has specific requirements, so it is always advised to research the different donation centers through their websites to find out their requirements before applying.
You’ll see from the list provided below that not everyone will qualify for sperm donation. In fact, only 5% of all male applicants meet the requirements to be a sperm donor.
Check out these basic requirements for sperm donation (keep in mind that they vary depending on the sperm bank):
- You are between 18 and 39 years of age.
- Must be at least 5’7″ tall.
- Have completed or are pursuing a college degree.
- Can provide family medical history.
- Free of genetic diseases
- No mental illness
- Typically not a smoker, heavy drinker or drug addict.
- You may have to undergo a comprehensive physical exam.
- Can make a 6-12 month commitment.
- If you live in the U.S, you must be eligible to work legally.
- Typically, you must live within 25 miles of sperm centers location.
- Use this Sperm Bank Directory to find a center near you.
- You must not have donated your sperm to another center.
I know, the list is rather long and the screening of medical and family history is very thorough, so it may take a couple weeks to see if you’re accepted.
As previously mentioned, being a sperm donor is a big commitment. Approved donors have to meet one to three times a week for 6 months to a year. On the bright side, most sperm donation centers will pay you each time you come in and successfully meet the minimum sperm count (again, no pun intended).
So, if you meet the requirements and your application is approved, you can be raking in an extra $1500 or more each month. How’s that for diversifying your income?
How to Find Sperm Banks That Pay
Sperm Bank Directory
This is one the most reputable sources for finding a local sperm bank near you.
Their national directory consists of 1000s of sperm donation centers and is extremely easy to use.
Even better, they provide quality information to help you with your decision as donating sperm could affect you for the rest of your life. So you can do your research on the locations near you, visit their websites and see their requirements, how much they pay & application process.
Click here to check out the Sperm Bank Directory and find a location near you.